- Primitive types are predefined (already defined) in Java. Non-primitive types are created by the programmer and is not defined by Java (except for
- Non-primitive types can be used to call methods to perform certain operations, while primitive types cannot.
- A primitive type has always a value, while non-primitive types can be
- A primitive type starts with a lowercase letter, while non-primitive types starts with an uppercase letter.
- The size of a primitive type depends on the data type, while non-primitive types have all the same size.